When TripAdvisor came out with its highly-publicized list of the world’s dirtiest hotels, many thought it was a shameless grab by the review giant for publicity.
But others, including MSNBC, reported that the traveling public appreciated the list and used it in planning their travels.
Now TripAdvisor gives us their Travelers Choice The World’s Best Hotels.
About 676 hotels and inns were chosen based on what Trip Advisor calls “millions of real and unbiased reviews and opinions” from travelers around the world.
Hotelmarketing.com, typically ahead of the curve in reporting travel and hospitality news, identified the categories as: Best Bargains; Best Luxury
Best Romance; Best B and B’s; Best Inns, and so on.
The average daily rate for most of the Travelers Choice award winners runs about $283.00 with corresponding rates listed for the various categories, like Best for Romance comes in at $400.00 a night.
This is the 9th year of the Travelers’ Choice Awards, and Karen Drake, TripAdvisor’s senior director of communications, says her company is able to recognize “the world’s most outstanding hotels…based upon reviews from millions of travelers around the world.”
Envelope, please! The 2011 Winners are:
• Best Bargain in the World: Sea Coast Inn, Hyannis, Massachusetts
• Best Luxury (4 and 5 star hotel) in the World: Golden Well (U Zlate Studne), Prague, Czech Republic
• Best B and B in the United States: Sedona Views Bed and Breakfast, Sedona, Arizona
• Best Luxury in the United States: Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, Wailea, Hawaii
• Best for Service in the World: Anastasis Apartments, Santorini, Greece
• Best B&B and Inn in the World: The Old Manse, Invermoriston, Scotland
• Best for Romance in the World: Capella Ixtapa, Guerrero, Mexico
• Best All-Inclusive in the World: Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, Playa Paraiso, Mexico
• Trendiest Hotel in the World: citizenM Amsterdam City, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
This is a pretty good partial play list for the indefatigable 2011 traveler seeking a “best” travel experience.
For a complete breakdown and more details, check out TripAdvisor’s Travelers Choice, before the list changes.