Tides Inn Crab Net Kids Program
One of our favorite places to go, Tides Inn in Virginia’s Northern Neck reintroduces its kids summer vacation package with unlimited golf, tennis, and daily breakfast.
Tides Inn is actually in Irvington, Virginia, along the Chesapeake Bay, and sits on a rounded hill overlooking the Rappahannock River. The belvedere aka/front lawn is a pocketsize croquet course with thudding balls and a few sticky wickets, though a great place for kids to run around and adults to enjoy a crisp glass of wine or cold beer.
Canoes, kayaks and paddleboats bob on the water and complimentary bicycles get most families pedaling into town to the Steamboat Museum, antique shops and a weekly farmers’ market.
Crab Net Kids program is a daily, supervised themed plan for kids between 4-12 with weekly changes in the themes from Captain Hook’s Pirates one week to Space Invaders the next.
There’s crabbing, croquet, swimming, sand sculpting, scavenger hunts, nature exploration and a big pool.
The kids program is free with the Tides Inn Family Package.
Tides Inn Family Package – Two (or more) Nights
• Two night’s accommodations in a deluxe waterfront room with a king bed connecting to a waterfront room with two queen beds.
• Full breakfast for four each morning (gratuity included) in the East Dining Room or from room service (includes Sunday brunch with a Saturday night stay).
• Unlimited Golf on the Golden Eagle Golf Course including cart.
• Daily Crab Net Kids for children ages 4-12 (open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
• Daily use of tennis courts, Par 3 golf, canoes, kayaks, paddleboats and bikes for the whole family
Packages range from $1,380 depending upon availability, season, number of adults and children, and room type selected.
The inn has 106 rooms most with water view